Cashless transaction is growing at a very fast rate, people are shifting towards it due to its convenience. No need of carrying money for shopping, metro recharge, restaurants bills and booking tickets, etc. No need of taking out money from ATMs and banks. With so much advantages, the biggest loophole is the security concerns with it. The question that haunts is the number of possible threats. In this blog from ESET Support, all is discussed in detail.
Possible Threats of Online Transactions
- Hackers design fake online payment apps post them in Google Play store that can access secret banking credentials including net banking passwords, login ID and credit card details.
- Malicious websites will be developed and hosted. They seem similar to popular shopping or banking sites where the data provided, is seen easily via the hacker.
- Emails are received with links that provide discounts offer if you purchase goods from the websites. These emails are forged and redirect to malicious or fake website.
- Free Wi-Fi networks are setup by attackers to fool innocent users.
ESET Tech Support Techniques for Secure Transactions
- Install bank payment apps from official Apple Store and Google Play Store.
- Check the developer history and reviews before downloading any application. The ‘Top Developer’ symbol is actually a good sign that the app is protected in Google Play.
- Check permissions that an app requires. If you find, it is asking additional details having no concern with the app, simply avoid installing it.
- Never visit shopping website or any online banking by opening the link received from an email or the text message.
- Go for reputed and well-known websites to make any payments like PayPal.
- Verify there is two-factor verification for the debit/card or net banking payment process. This means whenever a transaction is performed, a message regarding verification is received on registered number. For instance, while paying via net banking, you will give login ID and password and also a One-time password before you make the last payment. So, even if a hacker manages to steal your net banking information, they won’t be capable to go through with a bogus payment.
- Make a habit of applying strong & unique password for login accounts during net banking or online payment. Experts from ESET Antivirus Support, suggest password should be minimum 8 characters long, having both uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols and numbers.
- Never do online payment for shopping, bank transactions from public devices or Wi-Fi available at the cyber cafes.
- Avoid using free, unsecure Wi-Fi networks at café, metro stations for doing online payments. Doing so may allow a hacker to access the details.
- Download ESET Antivirus software with the incredible features:
- Blocks emails containing suspicious links or files.
- Blocks websites seems to be fraudulent, infected or fake.
- A secure web browser for safe banking and other online transactions like paying bills.
- ESET Security software is vital for PC as well as the phone. It holds all the features a device requires for security. ESET Antivirus is one of the best antiviruses recommended by experts. You can simply install the antivirus and get the best security for devices. If you require any help for Antivirus, then simply contact the ESET Technical Support.
- Install a mobile safety application that:
- Restricts bogus or infected apps from getting installed on the mobile.
- Restricts access to malicious or suspicious websites.
- Allows you lock your applications with a password to stop any misuse.
- Stop redirection error to a fake and malicious website, which can access the information of user.